Board Direction, on behalf of our (confidential) client is seeking an experienced and high profile Non Executive Director to oversee and support the establishment of the Australian arm of a disruptive and successful international travel insurance & underwriting business revolutionising the way that travel insurance is sold and serviced.
Whilst new to the Australian market the business is currently operating with significant market share in numerous overseas countries and is backed by a major international insurance conglomerate and shareholders with proven expertise in their field.
Utilising a strong and proven back end, cutting edge technology and working directly with brokers this is a business with high growth potential. In fact overseas it has gained significant market share in under 5 years and now turns over $50m with a significant profit. In Australia it expects to be profitable in year 2.
This business has, at its core, an overwhelming customer centric approach – offering consumers unparalleled levels of benefits and services unlike anything in the market today.
We seek a Non Executive Director with the proven skills, experience, networks and passion to drive (at board level) the success of this Australian business while working closely with the international Chair, the Sydney based CEO and the rest of the team to ensure that the business reaches its full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Attend 6-8 meetings annually (Sydney – though attending electronically is possible)
- Have a problem solving approach with a diplomatic and disciplined style
- Ensure the business maintains a strong consumer focus
- Ensure the business operates effectively
- Help navigate the compliance and regulatory challenges
- Provide confidence to brokers, regulators and wider stakeholders
Additionally, the successful candidate may be required to be the responsible officer.
The successful candidate must address all of the following core criteria.
- Have served on the board or committee of a regulatory body such as APRA or ASIC
- Evidence an intimate understanding of legislative requirements – particularly in an insurance context.
- Demonstrate relevant networks and connections – ideally with the major regulatory bodies as well as insurance brokers and financial advisor distribution channels
- Understand provisioning ratios and a deep understanding of underwriter and insurance carriers
- Evidence an understanding of where the risks lie in the travel insurance industry
- Have a problem solving and business centric approach paralleled with a diplomatic working style
- Be able to work effectively with key internal/founder stakeholders.
Further information: Due to the sensitivity of this appointment detailed information about business is not available but will be supplied in full to shortlisted candidates. Broad questions should be directed to ua.mo1701621625c.noi1701621625tceri1701621625ddrao1701621625b@tca1701621625tnoc1701621625
Location & Time Commitment: The board is expected to meet between 6-8 times a year. The meetings may be held remotely though the operations will be based in Sydney.
Remuneration: This is a competitively remunerated non executive directorship
- Further detail on the business itself will be provided to shortlisted candidates upon signing a NDA.
- All applicants will have their applications acknowledged
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified of next steps within 2 weeks of the closing date
- Unsuccessful candidates will likewise be notified of the outcome within two weeks of the closing date
You must complete the form below and submit your Board CV prior to the FRIDAY 25TH AUGUST 2017 of August. All applications will be sent directly to the client and Board Direction.
To avoid disappointment we strongly suggest that, prior to completing the form below, you save all your responses to each criteria in a word document and then paste them directly into the relevant sections below. Upon submitting your form you will receive notification of receipt. If you do not receive this within 24hrs please email ua.mo1701621625c.noi1701621625tceri1701621625ddrao1701621625b@tca1701621625tnoc1701621625
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Oops! We could not locate your form.