Non Executive Director Program
$999.00 / year and a $9,000.00 sign-up fee
Total First Year: $9,999
Work privately with David and we will guarantee you a board appointment.
Work privately with David Schwarz - Australia's leading board appointment expert - and we will guarantee you a board appointment.
The Non Executive Program
Developed utilising over 15 years of practical experience in putting people on boards the NED Program is the only program that guarantees a board appointment. It focuses on the three pillars of a board appointment (Aspirations, Articulation and Application) and our signature 5-step Board Appointment Process (‘Planning’, ‘Documents’, ‘Roles’ ‘Training’ & ‘Accountability’). However, unlike our other services you have direct access to David Schwarz – Australia’s leading board appointment expert. He will drive the process and provide you all the support, templates and coaching required to get you appointed. As such we can guarantee a board appointment because he drives the process, and has done it hundreds of times before so knows that the process works.
Is the Program for You?
Whilst we guarantee a board appointment, this Program is not for everyone.
Firstly, this is not a governance course – we won’t teach you how to be a NED or even a better NED and you do not need to have any governance qualifications to qualify. Instead, the Non-Executive Director Program is for those who want a board appointment and are willing to commit to a process that will get them there.
Secondly, we know that the harder you work the luckier you will get so you must be willing to be held accountable for putting into practice what you learn and be coachable.
As such, the Non-Executive Program was developed for individuals who are determined to gain a board appointment and are willing to push themselves to achieve their board aspirations.
If you desire to get onto a board, drive your career forward with a board appointment, transition from full-time work to a portfolio of part-time board directorships, or develop a portfolio career, then the Non-Executive Director Program is for you.
This Program IS for people:
- Who want to join the top 5% of people who have board appointments
- Who want to actively pursue board appointment.
- Who want to eliminate time wasting exercises and spend their time effectively.
- Who value helping organisations succeed as a Non Executive Director just as much as they value developing their own careers.
- Who are already successful, and want to compliment their careers with a board appointment.
- Who don’t know: what roles they should target; how to articulate their value at board level or; where to begin.
- Who recognise that what they are currently doing isn’t working and want to change that.
This Program is NOT for people:
- Who aren’t passionate about what they do.
- Who are bored or who think they are ‘due’ a board appointment.
- Who are not willing to put into practice what they learn.
- Who are unsure if they really want a board appointment.
- Who don’t want to be held accountable.
- Who want to continue to do things the same way and get the same results.
Here's How it Works
David works with just 25 NED Program members at any given time – you are his priority, and he is intimately involved in every aspect of delivery – he stakes his reputation on your success. For this reason, over the 12 months, you have unlimited and unfettered contact with him. Together, you will work towards achieving your board aspirations through all of the aspects of the program outlined above. Beyond the formality of the program, you can expect to be held to account for your stated board aspirations and therefore, achieve them far sooner than you might expect – a true partnership. Here is what to expect:
Quick wins within the first 30 days.
Following your acceptance into the program, and within the first 30 days, you’ll:
- Receive a personal welcome from David outlining what to expect over the next 12 months.
- Receive calendar invitations for your 1:1 meetings with David (complimenting your monthly calls).
- Complete your 1:1 Board CV session.
- Complete your 1:1 Board Career Planning Session and leave with 1. a defined list of target organisations – that you both WANT and CAN be appointed to, 2. a compelling board pitch, and 3. a clear framework and understanding of how you are going to get appointed within the next 12 months.
- A list of ~250 NEDs, personally researched for you and based on your list of target organisations, to connect with along with the language, templates and approach you should use to connect with them legitimately and easily.
You will also receive:
- A new Board CV is written for you.
- An updated LinkedIn profile.
- Full access to all of the board vacancies we advertise and
- Full access to all of the training and support services on offer, plus
- All the advice, templates and documents you need to get started – quickly.
Beyond your first 30 days, you’ll be required to implement what you learn fast… and be coachable.
We peg our reputation to your successes each time we take on a new NED Program Member. That means you must be to be willing to:
- Commit to working directly with David for the next 12 months,
- Be available for 30 minutes a month for coaching sessions,
- Have 1 hr a month available to implement and complete the actions stemming from the work done together, and
- Be ready to accept a board appointment when it is offered to you.
A word of warning
The NED Program is expensive. That might put you off if you have experienced purportedly similar career services in the past with overpriced consultants promising the world and delivering little (if you have contact us for a special offer), or you just might be nervous about the quality of the promise to get you appointed.
For these reasons, we make you two promises.
1. A Guarantee
If you do not obtain a board appointment within 12 months, David will continue to work with you until you do.
2. An opportunity to withdraw
I only want to work with people who are really up for a board appointment and whose ambitions match their reality. So, if either you or David are uncomfortable moving forward together, we will refund the difference in price between the Executive Membership & NED Program. You still remain a member and get everything (and more) that an Executive Member gets – along with David’s support – but without the intensive relationship or guarantee. That seems fair.
If this all sounds like you and you want to work with David privately, email ua.mo1701186673c.noi1701186673tceri1701186673ddrao1701186673b@tca1701186673tnoc1701186673 to arrange a conversation to see if there is a fit.
CEO – Board Direction
With over 15 years of board recruitment experience he has appointed hundreds of non executives and advised thousands on how to develop a board career or gain a board directorship. We can confidently say that no one knows more about how to gain a board appointment or develop a board career than he does and will help you do the same – within 12 months – guaranteed.
Terms, Conditions & Guarantee
The Non Executive Program begins when we confirm your initial payment. Once the fee has been charged that charge is final and no refund is available. However, the program guarantees an appointment within 12 months, or David will work with you until you do. After the initial 12 month period, we will charge you a recurring fee of $999 annually until you cancel your membership. The fee may be subject to change—but we’ll always notify you beforehand with no obligation. You can cancel, upgrade or downgrade your membership anytime by visiting your MyAccount page or contact Customer Support. Cancelling your membership stops the charge at the start of your next billing term—but your service will continue through the end of your current term. The program’s central focus is the monthly coaching sessions and courses. As such it is of paramount importance that you prioritise these two elements to ensure you are eligible for the appointment guarantee.