International Board Appointment Membership
$499.00 / year and a $798.00 sign-up fee
Total First Year: $1,297 (AUD)
All the Support, Training & Documents to get a board appointment within 12 months.
A board appointment in 12 months. That is what the International Board Appointment Membership primes you for.
If you: have been considering gaining a board appointment for some time but don’t quite know where to begin or just can’t find the knowledge and direction you need to turn your aspirations into reality…. then this is the membership for you
This Membership IS for you if you:
Are located outside of Australia, hence don’t need access to the local board vacancies we source for our members.
Want to access to a training program that will gain you a board appointment within 12 months.
Want a Board CV written for you.
Ongoing support for your board applications.
Want to know how to separate yourself from your competitors.
Want to take a more proactive approach to your career.
Whether you have prior governance experience or not and regardless what sort of board appointment you are seeking the training program primes you for a board appointment.
It focuses on 3 core principles (Articulation, Aspiration, Application) and is structured across 15 separate board appointment elements and includes all the templates and documents you need to get appointed.
The program, completed at times that suit you, is designed to walk you through every element of the board appointment process – from defining your aspirations to developing connections that can get you appointed, how to apply for roles and even what questions you should expect in a board interview.
Beyond having a NED CV written for you, core to this package is that you are entitled to an unlimited number of board application reviews. A ‘critical friend’ service that will get your applications past the gatekeepers you into interviews.
Here's What You Get
√ A bespoke board CV is written for you: By David Schwarz: International board appointment professional
√ Online Career Planning Session: A 90-minute prerecorded workshop with David, where you will define your board aspirations and map out a personal plan to achieve them
√ Unlimited Application Critiquing: No matter how many boards you apply for we will critique and edit each and every one of them before submission
√ The Board Search Training Series: Over of training that takes you meticulously through every stage of the board appointment process covering the following topics at your fingertips. The series includes:
14 training modules that step you through every element of the board appointment process.
- Training Module 1: What board is right for you?
- Training Module 2: Writing and verbalising your pitch
- Training Module 3: How you are going to get appointed
- Training Module 4: Research, research & research
- Training Module 5: Developing the right connections
- Training Module 6: Connecting with weak ties via LinkedIn
- Training Module 7: The direct approach
- Training Module 8: Executive search firms
- Training Module 9: How to respond to advertised roles
- Training Module 10: Writing a board CV and board profile
- Training Module 11: Writing a board cover letter
- Training Module 12: Writing a supporting statement
- Training Module 13: The NED interview
- Training Module 14: Post a successful or unsuccessful result
Three implementation sessions taking the theory and turning it into practice. Designed to ensure you implement what you learn through three easy to apply sessions.
- Aspiration – Knowing what sort of role you want AND can be appointed to is essential. Regardless of your skills or experience, this session defines the roles that are right for you.
- Articulation – Writing your board profile that addresses the 5 key criteria that a chair is looking for and then how to articulate it.
- Application – There are only four ways you are going to gain a board appointment. This session outlines them all so you can replicate what successful NEDs do and spend your time effectively.
The package has been personally developed by David Schwarz.
This program has been developed by David Schwarz, utilising over 15 years of international board recruitment experience. He has reviewed over 10,000 board applications and interviewed thousands of board candidates as well as working internationally with hundreds of Chair’s to recruit non executive directors.
Terms & Conditions
Your Membership begins when we confirm your initial payment. We will automatically charge you a recurring fee of $499 annually until you cancel. You can cancel your membership anytime. Cancelling your membership stops the charge at the start of your next billing term—but your service will continue through the end of your current term (one year from commencement). All fee and charges are in listed in Australian Dollars.