Board Direction, on behalf of Transform Aid International, is seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director (NED) to their professional and skills-based board.
About Transform Aid International: Through Baptist World Aid (the global leader of Aid in the Baptist church), Transform Aid International (TAI) builds lasting solutions to global poverty, through life-changing community development projects and disaster relief.
They work in 20 countries, with 36 in-country project partners who deliver 81 projects that address the root causes of poverty and create opportunities for children and families to thrive. They also speak up against injustice and empower everyday Australians to do the same. By building leadership and capacity at a grassroots level – and utilising expertise and alliances across the globe – they create change that lasts.
What makes them different? TAI’s approach is to share knowledge and resources with other experts and organisations which are working in the same field, in order to keep finding solutions that work. They actively build the capacity of their in-country project partners because they recognise that they know their communities best. And they work with their global alliances and networks so their response to poverty can be most effective.
For more information visit: https://transformaid.org/about-us/
Transform Aid International is seeking a Non-Executive Director who is passionate about international development, international aid and justice to join their board.
This opportunity offers not only the opportunity to utilise your significant international business experience but also to contribute in a tangible way and have a lasting impact on an organisation that is ‘Building partnerships to generate lasting solutions to global poverty’
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an organisation with a 60-year history, which have a lot to give – both to the communities they serve and the other groups and individuals they work with.
It is expected the successful candidate will:
- Have a strong connection with, and ideally membership of, the Baptist Church or related Baptist Church ministries;
- Have senior commercial experience – ideally in Asia
- Strong Governance experience – in an organisation of at least a similar scope and scale as TAI;
- Ultimately, as part of a succession plan, be willing to be appointed as Vice-Chair with an appetite for becoming the Chair in the future.
Specifically, the successful candidate must be able to provide evidence of success in the following essential criteria:
- Governance: Prior significant Governance and Non-Executive Director (NED) experience. Preference will be given to those who can evidence proven governance successes in organisations of similar scope and scale.
- Skills & Experience: Extensive senior business experience in large or international businesses and/or international development experience of a significant scale.
- Networks & Connections: This is not a fundraising role. However, preference will be given to candidates who have experience of working in/with Asia – HK, Singapore, China or India.
- Passion: A genuine and proven passion for international aid, development and justice.
- Cultural Fit: An evident connection with, and ideally membership of, the Baptist Church or related Baptist Church ministries.
Board Meetings: are held quarterly in February, May, August and November. Three of these meetings are held in Sydney with the exception of the last meeting which is held interstate. Board members may attend meetings virtually – though a willingness to attend in person is preferable.
Candidate Location: The successful candidate can be located anywhere.
Remuneration: Expenses are paid, including one international trip to visit delivered programs within the first two years of being appointed and during the remaining term of the appointment.
Timings (as a guide)
- Applications close: Monday 21st June (late applications may be accepted)
- Successful/unsuccessful candidates advised – Early July.
- Shortlisted candidates invited to have a conversation with the Chair – Mid July (in Sydney or via Zoom).
- Final Panel Interviews – Mid-Late July (in Sydney or via Zoom).
- The successful candidate invited to attend the August board meeting.
- Australian Baptist Ministries to ratify the nominated candidate – August 2021.
- Candidate to be formally appointed to the board in November 2021.
You MUST complete and submit the form below and attach your Board CV prior to Tuesday 21st June 2021 (late applications may be accepted). For questions or to arrange a confidential discussion please email ua.mo1701624104c.noi1701624104tceri1701624104ddrao1701624104b@tca1701624104tnoc1701624104.
APPLY USING THE FORM BELOW