Board Direction, on behalf of the Tasmanian Government is seeking to appoint two (2) Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) to the Tasmanian Development Board.
About the Tasmanian Development Board
The Tasmanian Development Board supports the industry development activities of the Department of State Growth by encouraging and promoting the balanced economic development of Tasmania, and to ensure that the Tasmanian Government’s policies are directed to the greatest advantage of the people and economy of Tasmania. The Board has specific areas of responsibility under the Tasmanian Development Act 1983 and has governance of the legal entity Tasmania Development and Resources. The board provides independent advice to the Minister for State Development on matters relating to this portfolio and its associated responsibilities.
For more information about the board and board members, visit: https://www.stategrowth.tas.gov.au/about/tasmanian_development_board.
The current key focus areas are:
- Administration of programs and assessment of applications for financial assistance to support strategic focus areas for growth agreed upon by the Tasmanian Government;
- Supporting industry sectors that have the capacity to accelerate growth in jobs and the Tasmanian economy through the provision of strategic government support and the capacity to both sustain current jobs and create new jobs;
- Supporting the role of the Office of the Coordinator-General to identify opportunities, attract investment and encourage businesses to establish, relocate, diversify and expand in Tasmania; and
- Provision of advice to the Tasmanian Government on matters relating to the policy objectives of TDR and government.
Two Non-Executive Director positions have become available on the Tasmanian Development Board. This represents a significant opportunity for experienced Directors who wish to join a Board that plays a vital role in Tasmania’s future.
The successful applicants will be able to evidence: broad senior industry experience and expertise, and having driven industry innovation. Candidates with experience in the following industries are particularly encouraged to apply: Agribusiness; Energy; Technology/ICT/Telecommunications; Infrastructure, Construction and Development; or Workforce and Skills Development. An understanding of the Tasmanian economic environment with sound business connections therein is also required.
Women, in accordance with the State Government’s Women on Boards Strategy 2020-2025, are strongly encouraged to submit an application for these positions.
The successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of success in the following essential criteria:
- Non-Executive Experience: Prior governance and non-executive director experience is essential. (Preference will be given to those who can evidence significant governance in organisations.)
- Industry & Innovation: Evidence of broad and very senior industry experience and evidence of having driven industry innovation. (Preference will be given to candidates who have led significant businesses in the following industries: Agribusiness; Energy; Technology/ICT/Telecommunications; Infrastructure, Construction and Development; and Workforce and Skills Development.)
- Passion & Fit: Evidence of having an understanding of the Tasmanian economic environment (Preference will be given to those who can evidence strong personal or professional links to Tasmania).
- Governance: A governance qualification from either the Governance Institute of Australia, the AICD or equivalent highly regarded governance organisation is preferred but not required.
Location & Remuneration & Timings
Board Meetings: Held monthly. In-person attendance (Hobart) is not a prerequisite, but is encouraged though virtual attendance is available.
Candidate Location: The successful candidates can be located anywhere in Australia – though it is envisaged they will most likely live or have strong connections in Tasmania or reside on the Eastern States.
Remuneration: These appointments are remunerated in accordance with the Tasmanian Government Board Fee Policy.
- Applications due – 11:59 Friday 11th November
- Panel Shortlisting – 21st November 2022
- Candidates informed – wc 21st November 2022
- Panel Interviews – 5th December 2022
- Directors Commence – 23rd February 2023
* Anticipated timeframe based on approvals
You MUST complete and submit the form below and attach your Board CV prior to 11:59 Sunday, 6th November.
For questions or to arrange a confidential discussion about these roles, please email ua.mo1701622411c.noi1701622411tceri1701622411ddrao1701622411b@tca1701622411tnoc1701622411.
APPLY USING THE FORM BELOW