Board Direction, on behalf of Grow, is seeking to appoint a new Chair who is passionate about mental health and can support organisational growth.
Due to the retirement of the current Chair (Dr Lesley van Schoubroeck) after four years at the helm a new Chair is sought.
GROW is a community-based organisation that has helped thousands of Australians with their recovery from mental ill-health through a unique program of mutual support and personal development.
From its very humble beginnings, GROW keeps on developing and and is positioned to reach a wider Australian market.
For more information visit: https://grow.org.au/
Grow is financially secure with a motivated workforce and a leadership team with a depth of experience in the organisation with ideas from new recruits and have an experienced board comprising of members from across Australia with diverse experience and skills. They have a staff of approximately 50 people across Australia supported by a national office based in Brisbane and are a company limited by guarantee and registered as a charity with the ACNC.
With a long record of success, great staff, great programs, great culture, with good finances and does good work and great results. The company is ready to grow.
An opportunity to lead a board with experienced and professional directors, an experienced CEO. Some one who can connect the mental health sector to the wider business community to develop new partnerships with new markets and well being programs in the community.
The successful candidate is likely to be able to demonstrate their success against the following criteria:
- Evidence of being passionate about mental health and wellbeing with the leadership and relationship skills to support organisational growth.
- Networks and connections in the government, business and health services sectors – high-level contacts and influential people within government and/or relevant community and industry bodies.
- Previous experience as a NED or in a similar board-level role with demonstrated success in overseeing profile building, complex relationship management and consumer driven health support services
- Evidence of an ability to effectively steer a diverse group of board and committee members, including working with those who have a lived experience of mental health concerns.
Location & Remuneration & Timings
Board Meetings: 10 times a year. 2 x in person in Brisbane and the remaining via Zoom.
Candidate Location: Ideally based in Victoria, New South Wales or Canberra (East Coast).
Remuneration: This is a remunerated role – comparative to similar NfPs.
Timings (as a guide)
- Applications close: Monday 11th July 2022 (late applications may be accepted)
- Short-listed candidate interviews conducted – August.
- Appointment made prior to the AGM 24th September.
Annual reports can be found on our website and interested applicants are also invited to contact the current Chair, Dr Lesley van Schoubroeck, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0438 415 665
Using the form below please upload a short cover letter (2 pages max) providing an overview of your interest and addressing the criteria above along with a NED CV. Referees will also be requested from shortlisted applicants.