Board Direction, on behalf of HS Fresh Food, is seeking to appoint two (2) Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) to their professional and skills-based board.
About HS Fresh Food
HS Fresh Food Group (HSF) is a multi-branded Australian farming, food processing and manufacturing business specialising in pre-prepared vegetables, fresh salads, ready-made meals, snacks, and food for on the go.
Beginning as Houston’s Farm in Tasmania and bringing together three family businesses HS Fresh Food now has a national footprint with operations in Queensland, South Australia, Tasmania, Western Australia and NSW. Through their four state-based brands:
They service: Woolworths (strategic partners), Coles, IGA and Independent Groups across the country and have a turnover of ~$140 million.
Backed by investors including Fortitude Investment Partners, they are on track to double their turnover in the next 18 months through acquisition, organic growth and significant investments in their factories and operations.
For more information visit: https://hsfreshfood.com.au/
The HSF Board is a skills-based board composed of Directors who collectively have the skills, knowledge and experience to effectively govern and direct the organisation. The skills and attributes of the Board can be broadly categorised as follows:
- Governance skills (skills directly relevant to performing the Board’s key functions);
- Industry skills (skills relevant to the Food Processing and FMCG) including M&A, Capital markets, and Growth Strategies;
- Public Market experience;
- Personal attributes or qualities that are considered desirable to be an effective Director.
These opportunities offer the chance to join a professional board of a company with a strong track record, a genuine passion for what they do, a clear strategy for further success and growth (a potential listing or acquisition) and which is led by an experienced Chair.
Specifically, HS FRESH FOOD are seeking applications from experienced NEDs to assist them in scaling the business who either:
- has Direct to Consumer (DTC) experience with businesses of similar scope and scale (1) OR
- is a Food Futurist who understands the future of consumerism and/or Agribusiness and Food Processing and Supply Chain (1).
The successful candidates must be able to provide evidence of success in the following essential criteria:
- Governance: Significant Governance and Non-Executive Director (NED) experience – with a particular focus on M&A and Growth Strategies. (Preference will be given to those who can evidence proven governance successes in organisations of (at least) similar scope and scale.)
- Skills & Experience:
– A Retail Expert (1): with significant board or CEO experience in the: Food, Food Services, Retail, FMCG, Direct to Consumer (DTC) or Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) industries,
– A Food Futurist (1): who understands the future of consumerism and/or Agribusiness and Food Processing – in particular, sustainability and who can demonstrate their role in developing opportunities through new technology.
(In either case, preference will be given to candidates who can evidence how their experience will add value at board level, and who have experience working with businesses of (at least) similar scope and scale.)
3. Networks & Connections: High level reputation and established networks in the food, food services and retail industry and the ability to effectively engage and communicate with key stakeholders (Preference will be given to those with strong relationships with relevant DTC, QSR or food retailers.)
4. Passion: A genuine and proven passion for Australian agriculture, food processing and manufacturing business.
5. Cultural Fit: Evidence of having worked effectively with boards of similar scope and scale. (Preference will be given to those who have served on boards of family businesses and private equity investors)
6. Diversity: HS Fresh Food values diversity. At least one of the appointments must be female.
Location & Remuneration & Timings
Board Meetings: are held monthly (12) via Microsoft Teams. In-person attendance is not currently a prerequisite, however, this is likely to change over the coming 12 months with an expectation of every second Board meeting being face to face.
Candidate Location: The successful candidate can be located anywhere – though it is envisaged they will most likely live on the East Coast of Australia or at least have strong networks there.
Remuneration: $60k + Super. Equity may also be available if desired.
Timings (as a guide)
- Applications close: Monday 28th June (late applications may be accepted)
- Long-listed Meeting with HSF – Mid July
- Successful/unsuccessful candidates advised – Mid July.
- Long-listed candidate interviews with Board Direction – Late July/Early August (in Sydney or via Zoom).
- Shortlist Meeting with HSF – Early August
- Final Panel Interviews – Early / Mid August (ideally in Sydney or via Zoom).
- Successful candidates invited to 1:1 with Chair – Mid August.
- Appointments confirmed Late August
You MUST complete and submit the form below and attach your Board CV prior to Friday 2nd July 2021. For questions or to arrange a confidential discussion please email ua.mo1701189621c.noi1701189621tceri1701189621ddrao1701189621b@tca1701189621tnoc1701189621.
APPLY USING THE FORM BELOW