Board Direction, on behalf of our client – One of Australia’s leading national urban solutions company that blends design, economics, engagement and planning to create sustainable futures centred around human needs – is seeking an Independent Non Executive Director with expertise and current networks in property and investment at a national level with strong client engagement experience.
Our Client: With over 120 staff and approximately $25 million revenue, this newly merged company (with a pedigree of 25+ years experience), a highly experienced Chair and dynamic CEO is well placed to further expand its business in Australia. Current clients include: major national construction companies, Federal & State Governments and Statutory Authorities. With an average of 25% CAGR over the last 5 years, their ambition is to be a leading national business in urban design, economics, engagement and planning.
The Opportunity: As part of reinforcing good corporate governance, and in conjunction with the Australian Institute of Company Directors, the current Board has determined that the interests of all shareholders will be best served by adding further non executive experience to the skills mix.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Non Executive Director with proven skills, experience, networks, and passion to assist make their ambition a reality. Specifically, we seek a Non Executive Director to provide expertise and current networks in property and investment at a national level with client engagement experience.
Priority will be given to individuals who can demonstrate expertise and current networks in property and investment at a national level with client engagement experience. Technology experience would be considered beneficial but not essential.
Job Description: All Directors should demonstrate the following characteristics.
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity
- Time available to undertake the responsibilities
- An ability to apply strategic thought to matters in issue
- A preparedness to question, challenge and critique
- A willingness to understand and commit to the highest standards of governance
- A proven track record of creating value for shareholders (Non-Executive Directors)
All Directors should also demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Solidarity: shows a consistent and confident face to those outside the boardroom and keeping Board discussions confidential
- Resolutely Non-Political: demonstrates independence, open-mindedness and never compromises their professional judgment
- Constructive Contest-ability: can engage in respectful, robust discussion drawing out effective decision making
- An Effective Communicator: express views clearly and concisely, explain reasoning to persuade their fellow board members, and listens carefully to what others say.
Person Specification: The successful candidate must be able to evidence success in the following core criteria.
- Governance & Strategy: Demonstrable board level governance experience with a proven success of growing a business of this scope and scale.
- Skills & Experience A (essential): Evidence of high level understanding of property development – with particular expertise in property and investment at a national level with client engagement experience (the buyer).
- Skills & Experience B (desirable): Whilst not essential, experience of disruptive technology in the planning and property services industries would be advantageous.
- Networks & Connections: Evidence of client side relationships with Statutory Authorities, Federal or State Government or major Developers at a National level.
- Cultural Fit: Evidence of being able to contribute effectively, appropriately and resolutely non-politically to an organisation of this scope and scale.
Location & Time Commitment: Board meetings are held monthly (11 times a year) and rotated in a cycle between Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. Additional meetings are generally specific purpose and held by teleconference.
Remuneration: This is a competitively remunerated non executive directorship. Further, ongoing Board professional development is offered to ensure your governance skills are maintained and improved.
Interviews: Interviews will be held in person (Sydney) or by phone/skype week commencing 11th September.
Further information: Questions should be directed to ua.mo1701193294c.noi1701193294tceri1701193294ddrao1701193294b@tca1701193294tnoc1701193294
Not for you? You can view our other vacancies HERE
You MUST complete the form below and submit your Board CV prior to the COB MONDAY 4TH SEPTEMBER 2017. All applications will be sent directly to the client and Board Direction for review.
To avoid disappointment we strongly suggest that, prior to completing the form below, you save all your responses to each criteria in a word document and then paste them directly into the relevant sections below. Upon submitting your form you will receive notification of receipt. If you do not receive this within 24hrs please email ua.mo1701193294c.noi1701193294tceri1701193294ddrao1701193294b@tca1701193294tnoc1701193294
Oops! We could not locate your form.