Online Board Search Course: A 10 unit course designed to get you on a board – by David Schwarz
Ensuring you gain a board appointment via a 10 step online course – written and delivered by David Schwarz – Australia’s leading board recruitment expert.
Gaining a good board appointment takes time and is challenging at the best of times but the rewards are significant for those who persevere. However, if your messaging is wrong, if you don’t understand how board appointments work and how to subvert these ‘rules’ then persevering alone is unlikely to be enough.
This course will ensure that your journey towards gaining your first or a subsequent board appointment is successful. Written and delivered by David Schwarz – Australia’s leading board recruitment expert who has over a decade of experience putting people on boards – will ensure that the time you spend gets traction and results in opportunities that you might have otherwise thought were impossible.
In your own time you will complete the Online Board Search Course – containing a suite of 10 separate training units – will take you through, in detail, the practicalities of gaining a board appointment. Specifically:
- How to find the right Board for you – how to target the most appropriate opportunities.
- Understanding what Chairs want in a successful board candidate – how to address their five core criteria.
- How to write your Board Profile – one that articulates why you should be appointed.
- How to get a Board Appointment – the research you need to do and understanding the importance of the Chair.
- How to Develop Personal Connections & The Direct Approach – developing strong and weak ties and using LinkedIn effectively.
- How to work successfully with Executive Search Firms & Respond to Advertisements – understanding their role and the importance of reputation.
- How to write Supporting Statements & Cover Letters – templates and practical responses are provided.
- How to write a compelling Board CV/Resume – template provided with detailed discussion.
- How to deliver a successful Non-Executive Interview – over 30 board questions provided and how to answer them.
- How to determine whether an offer is right for you – the due diligence you should do how to leverage your appointment.
You may also like…
Unlimited Application Support: Refining your messaging so you can separate yourself from your competitors$499.00
Let David Schwarz – Australia’s leading board recruitment expert with over a decade of experience of putting people on boards – review and critique your application documents to improve your chances of success. ...read moreAdd to cart
Access Membership$449.00 / year
The ACCESS Membership package provides Access to over 700 organisations advertising well over 1000 individual board vacancies each year. ...read moreSign Up Now
Access + Membership$449.00 / year and a $450.00 sign-up fee
Total First Year: $899 FULL access to all of our board vacancies plus a bespoke Board CV & LinkedIn profile written for you. ...read moreSign Up Now
Board CV Writing: Addressing the five things a Chairperson is going to want to see in a board candidate$799.00
A Board Ready CV is different from an executive CV in terms of tone, content and structure and is likely to make the difference between a success and unsuccessful application. ...read moreAdd to cart