The only scholarship of its kind that combines the training and education required to gain a board appointment with the practical experience of being a board member. A truly unique offering for Commercial, Not for Profit or Government CEOs and HR Leaders.
Board Direction, in partnership with Prima Careers, is excited to announce that The Board Direction Board Scholarship Program is now open for applications from HR Leaders and CEOs.
Lodge your application today to gain all the training, support and practical experience you need to start your board career.
The Scholarships Available
There are four(4) separate scholarships available – two for current CEOs and two for current HR Leaders representing organisations with estimated turnovers of over and under $100M.
Individuals representing any organisation qualify including commercial, NFPs, government, universities, charities, start-ups.
The Judging Panel
We have assembled a world class judging panel to assess all scholarship applications. Our panel include: Kyle Loades (ex-President of the NRMA and CUA Board Member), Ann Sherry (AO, Chair, UNICEF Australia, NED NAB and Sydney Airport), Jenni Smith (GEO, QBE Insurance and board roles in SMSF, digital, and education companies), Philippa Taylor (a NED and past global and national Head of HR roles in ASX and commercial entities and David Schwarz (NED and CEO, Board Direction).
The four (4) winners of our scholarship programs will receive a 12-month NED Program scholarship valued at over $15,000 comprising the following elements:
- A Board Career Planning Session: with David Schwarz – defining your board career aspirations and planning your journey ahead.
- A bespoke Board CV is written for you: Written by David Schwarz – Australia’s leading board appointment professional.
- LinkedIn Profile Update: A LinkedIn profile that articulates your board aspirations & abilities.
- LinkedIn Training: By David Schwarz – A Top 10 LinkedIn user with over 30,000 NED connections.
- Board Vacancies: Access to thousands of board opportunities – via the Board Direction website.
- Interview Preparation: A ‘real’ interview with a real recruiter with honest feedback.
- Application Writing: Your first application – the basis of which can be used for future applications.
- Unlimited application Support: Critiquing and editing each and every application you write prior to submission.
- The Board Search Course: A 12 month online training course.
- Monthly Coaching Sessions: Holding you accountable and ensuring your long-term success.
- Board Search Masterclass (in person): In person or online – defining the journey ahead with all the templates and information you need to separate you from your competitors.
- NED Directory Profile: A LinkedIn for board members – a tool that organisations use to recruit board members.
- The Board Book: The definitive guide to finding and gaining a non-executive directorship.
- Weekly Board Appointment Advice: Emailed to you every week.
PLUS each winner will be invited to shadow a board of a non-competing organisation that reflects, their experience, interests and ability.
The Assessment Process
- Leadership Success.
- Professional Development.
- Extra-Professional Activity
- Commitment to gaining a board appointment.
- How you will leverage this scholarship.
For clarity on the application or assessment process please contact us directly.
- Applications Open – June 7th
- Applications Close – July 12th
- Applications Assessed – Early/Mid July
- Interviews Held with shortlisted candidates – Late July/Early August
- Winning Candidates Announced – Early/Mid August.